Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wow. It's been a long time since I've even thought about a post. However, on this important day which was set aside so many years ago to honor our military veterans, I felt almost compelled to post my gratitude. I know Memorial Day is for remembering those who have fought and died for our freedom, but the recent occurrence at Fort Hood, where terrorism has once again reached our shores and done it's ugly work, has come too close to Veterans Day for me to not first pay tribute to the brave military personnel who laid down their lives at a time and in a place almost inconceivable--a U.S. military installation in America. Then, to the men and women currently serving in our military, my appreciation and gratitude for your sacrifices are deeply heartfelt, and my prayers for your protection are increased during this apparent inability of our current commander-in-chief to decide that our troops are dying needlessly in Afghanistan simply because they need and cannot receive added support. Thank you for doing your job to the best of your ability! Finally, though not at all in the least, a resounding THANK YOU to those former military personnel that walk the streets with us each day, eat at the same restaurants that we do, shop for groceries with us, and live each of their civilian days all the while remembering the lost comrades, swallowing their words in the face of the distrust of those who do not understand where their own freedom comes from, and who would do it all over again because they know freedom isn't free.

Thank you for my freedom.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hello,
I came across your blog and was very interested in your home design articles. I just had a couple of questions, so if you could e-mail me back that would be great! Thank you for your time.