Friday, June 15, 2007

Early Anniversary Trip

As posted before, Chris and I are facing a deployment for him in September. If this is the case, and God does not see fit to keep him home, we will spend our first anniversary many, many miles apart. Soooooo, we are preparing to take a two-week vacation to California to sight-see the west! I have been quite a few times, but he has never made it passed Oklahoma. Well, he has, but he totally skipped the west when he flew to Hawaii. Anyway.....camping is a joy of his, and I have wanted to go camping for some time, so we plan to tent the whole way. What a way to enjoy all of the national parks along the way! We are actually headed to CA for a church youth camp where we plan to help the administration--no, not as counsellors, but in most any other way we can (kitchen, grounds, security). We're both looking forward to it all, and since technology is what it is now, I hope to post pics all along the way: Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite, Hoover Dam, southern Utah, and whatever else we find. I'll be looking for a ghost town or two, and I think Chris will just be looking at it all :) I love the east coast and don't deny that I miss Virginia, but the west is in my blood (thanks to my mother). The mountains and the vastness and the ruggedness and even the barrenness has a beauty all it's own. Yes, I'm excited!!

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

I'm so excited for you both! I remember when we were in AZ a few years back talking about someday how you hoped to come back to the Grand Canyon with your husband. I'm so glad you're going to get to do that AND more. :) Have fun!

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Hey Avril,

Where in California will you be? If you are anywhere close to northern California, I would love to see you!

Carrie